Provide quality education and a motivational academic environment and foster strong Institute-industrial ties to empower the students to face the challenges of tomorrow.
The department shall transform the entrant of the program into professionally competent engineers through innovative curricula, research, practical training and effective collaboration with industry, hospital, and academia.
The Medical Electronics Engineering department at M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT), Bangalore was established in the year 1996 under Bangalore University (BU) till 2002 with an intake of 30 and then under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).Now under the institute autonomous status the department is affiliated to VTU with an intake of 60 currently. The department offers 4-year fulltime undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Medical Electronics Engineering, affiliated to VTU, Belgaum, recognized by Government of Karnataka, approved by AICTE, New Delhi .The department is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation and is IQAC certified. The department boasts of an amalgamation of both experienced and young faculties who have excellence in diverse fields including Biomedical instrumentation , Electronics & Communication ,Control Systems , Signal/Image Processing , BioMEMS , Nanoscience & Technology The department consists of a highly motivated & well qualified faculty and dedicated supporting staff headed by Dr. N. Sriraam, with a wide experience in industry and academics with specialization in biomedical signal processing.
The department offers 4-year fulltime undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Medical Electronics Engineering, affiliated to VTU, Belgaum, recognized by Government of Karnataka, approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
DEPARTMENT FACULTY LIST : Click Here
Department of Medical Electronics Engineering offers two programs that are affiliated to VTU – Belgaum and recognized by AICTE:
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Medical Electronics Engineering.
- PEO1: Solve the real-life engineering problems by employing the knowledge and skills of Medical Electronics.
- PEO 2: Provide a multi-disciplinary environment to link engineering and medical domains.
- PEO 3: Inculcate professional and ethical values in lifelong learning process.
- Engineering knowledge: The graduates would be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in solving Biomedical/Healthcare Problems.
- Problem analysis: The graduates are expected to possess the ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problem
- Design/development of solutions: The graduates are expected to have the ability to design a system, a component, or a process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: The graduates are expected to have the ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Modern tools usage: The graduates are expected to possess the ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- The engineer and society: The graduates are expected to have knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Environment and sustainability: The graduates are expected to have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic and societal context.
- Ethics: The graduates are expected to have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: The graduates are expected to communicate effectively.
- Project management and finance: Implement the concepts of project and financial Management to satisfy customer expectations.
- Life-long learning: The graduates are expected to engage themselves in life-long learning.
- PSO1: Acquire and comprehend the basic skill sets required for Medical Electronics Engineering.
- PSO2: Implement the techniques and tools of Medical Electronics Engineering to address the needs of technology in healthcare domain.
- PSO3: Exhibit the professional communication and team building skills imbibing the socio-ethical values.
- C K Narayanappareceived the B.E degree in Electronics Engineering in 1993 from BMSCE, Bangalore and the M. Tech degree in Biomedical Instrumentation in 1996 from SJCE, Mysore. He received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering Sciences from VTU in 2014 in the area of Control Systems. He is currently working as Associate Professor and Head,Department of Medical Electronics Engineering, Ramaiah Institute of Technology,Bengaluru, Karnataka,India. His research interest is mainly focused on Control systems, Biomedical Instrumentation and Image processing. Professional Memberships includesFIE,ISTE, IETE and BMESI. He is the co-author of Engineering Electromagnetics, Cengage Publications. He is the author or co-author of articles published in Scopus indexed journals and guiding research scholars Under VTU, Belagavi.